when do you start potty training and how do you know they are ready?

kjdiesel

Asked by kjdiesel at 9:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started as soon as they were walking. I just introduced the potty at that time. Let them sit on it, first with clothes, then w/out. They got so comfortable with it, that when they were ready they already knew what to do and just did it. As soon as they started using it I just got rid of the diapers. Only had a few accidents. My oldest and youngest were potty trained by 18 months, my middle was done by 2.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• most of my friends started around 2. I plan on starting at 2 as well. By 3 they should be using a potty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I started with my two oldest when they were 2 but the yungest out of both was'nt ready so i did'nt force him but his older brother is very advanced in everything he does and he was doing a NO.2 in the potty by 3 weeks. And i am currently potty training my 2 yr old and he is doing it pretty easily.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i  wait til they can talk, then they can tell me when they have to go, i can not imagine how ppl do it when their kids are at the age of not talking yet

babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I suggest you get the book "The No Cry Potty Training Solution". It has a great list of questions to help you figure out if your child is ready, a list of suggestions for "pre-training", and suggestions of how to start.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009