has anyone ever heard of this before???

okay can anyone give me some insight on this until i hear back from my doctor's office. i am 20 wks pregnant and i had my 1st ultrasound 2wks ago and they called me yesterday and said that she saw some shadowing around the baby's heart!!! she said that it may have just been the way the pics came out or maybe something else. i am soo worried because i never heard of this before!!! i am now waiting on them to schedule me to go see a specialist....so now im just playing the waiting game. has anyone ever heard of this before????

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg No I havent but I pray for you that its nothing bad.. I hope that it was just the way s/he was laying or the u/s machiene (sp)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I hate answering these questions, I am always afraid to cause more worry. But you asked, and deserve an answer. A shadow can be signs of a heart deformity. BUT it could also just be the pic. I will keep you and you LO in my prayers. I would tell you not to worry, but I know that won't happen.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i will pray it just the picture and nothing else beleive in god and pray, only he know the answer
    lilmomma30295

Answer by lilmomma30295 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• U/S pics can be unclear sometimes, making doctors need to look again...as hard as it is just wait and pray ...you will get an answer to your question when they retest.
    Anonymous

• dont' stress yet. I had two friends that were told by ultrasound thier babies would have down syndrome, one did amnio to find out for sure (she was fine) the other just planned for a downs baby (and he was fine!)

The docs might want to do another ultrasound. HUGS!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009