Anyone ever use wool or hemp breast pads?

I hated my disposables last time, they soaked right through and were just wet and sticky all the time. Yuck!

I wanted to try cotton reusable but haven't heard many positive things about them. I was browsing around today and came across wool and hemp breast pads but at an average of $10 a pair plus shipping I was hoping someone else had tried either them of out and had some input.

I woke up this morning to soaked sheets and I'm only 27 weeks....

If it helps I'm an F cup right now so if you have any advice for pads for bigger boobies I'd appreciate that too!

Thanks!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 10:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I loved them.I have not heard one complaint against them from everyone I know who has used both kinds.I plan on buying them again this time around.I use CD's so why not washable breastpads? I just make sure they have PUL in the middle so I don't leak thru them
    QueenTo6

Answer by QueenTo6 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I used cotton and they worked good with me. If I knew they had wool or hemp ones, I would have gotten those. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've been looking into them, but other than that I'm no real help. I've been using the disposibles.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Thanks, guess I'm just going to have to buy a pair and find out myself :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I hated the disposable. I would wake up with them dried to my nipple and yuck. My mom took some white tshirt material. A really soft cottton knit . She cut about five layers of a circle. Mine were about 5 inches cuz I had enormous boobs. She sewed and x in the center then ziz zagged/serged around the edges and done. They washed and dried wonderfully. She made me 5 pairs and it was a lifesaver for sure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I bought regular wash and reuse ones at a maternity store...they where pretty cheap and worked great...On those extra leaky days I would cut a maxi-pad in half and put that in my bra- using the sticky side to help keep it in place. I'm not big up top- but I'm pretty sure they came in different sizes.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 12:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009