Momma's please help me!!!!

My DD is 15months old, and I got her in the bad habit of sleeping with me because DH works away. So when she was 8months old I broke the habit and she slept in her pack in play next to the bed from 7P 7A. It was wonderful!Well DH came home for a week and she was REALLY sick, so he put her in bed with us, WELL now I put her in her pack in play everynight at 7PM and by 9PM she is crying to get in bed with me. Now DH and I can no longer sleep together at all with her in the bed and I dont know how to get her out! I have tried moving her pack in play to her own room and she cried till she vomits, I have tried to just leave her int he pack in my room and she does the same. I dont know what to do. I know it is my fault. Any tips or advice would help!

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 10:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Please remember that sleeping with you is not a bad habit and you should not blame yourself that your child LOVES you and WANTS to be with you - children do better when they have the security at nighttime of mom/dad with them. Try buying her a toddler bed or mattress and keep it in your room for her to sleep in. This will allow you to meet her security needs but allow a place for your and your husband to sleep without her squishing you out. As she gets older, you can slowly move the mattress/bed into her room. But it sounds like right now, she needs to be with you and dad, so maybe you can just make a space in your room for her that's not in your bed?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Is sounds like she still needs that closeness with you. If you are a SAHM, increase your time together durring the day, even if that means letting some of the house work go. Have some special cuddle times when you read a few books together, or have her sit on your lap at the table while you play with play dough. If that doesn't help, then my only other suggestion is, follow your daughters needs and she will leave your bed when she is ready. You and your hubby are adults you can make due with what you are given, you can share intimacies in another room after she is down or durring the time she will sleep in her pack-and-play.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I told my son that Santa would not come if he didn't sleep in his own bed and that pretty much took care of that!
    tmeeker37

Answer by tmeeker37 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had / have that problem with my 16 mon old son. He slept with us from birth/ 6m then he was moved into his crib in our room. This was fine for awhile now he goes to sleep in his crib and wakes up around 6am and cries til we put him in our bed then right back to sleep. I think 6am is becuase my husband use to get up for work at 6am and he would hear him and wake up and then daddy would but him in bed with me. Now daddy sleeps til 7am but not our litle guy. It has been over a month too. We hope to move him into his own room in the next month or so (remolding). when he was littler we let him fall asleep in our bed then we would move him to his bed after waking up in his own bed(crib) he was ok with being but in it to sleep.( this took a few days) My son doesn't like his pack n play anymore and won't sleep in it. Try a crib or toddler bed. hope this helps g/l
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i think co sleeping is a horrible HABIT and should not be incuraged....children young and older need to learn to self sooth and become more dependent on their internal securities rather than that of mommys smell...its a horrible habit....
    Anonymous