Salmon recipe?

I have some salmon I wanted to make for dinner tonight. I'll admit, it's not top quality, but I have had it before and it's not bad. I have lemon juice from concentrate and almost every spice in my pantry. I can cook, but really don't know where to start with fish. Any good recipes? Or if you can cook fish, a basic guideline would be nice. I can wing it! Thanks, ladies!

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 10:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• JUST COOK IT IN FOIL WITH BUTTER AND DILL!!!!! DELICIOUS!!!! AND SIMPLE~
    bratmom3

Answer by bratmom3 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We just made Miso Salmon the other night it was awesome. If you want I will find you the recipe, it tasts just like the one they make at the Cheesecake Factory
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Just be careful with the lemon juice...citirc acid cooks fish..somewhat, so it can get dried out.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I googled the Miso recipe, it calls for Miso (surprise surprise, lol). And I don't have any of that. Never even heard of it! It sounds delicious, though! And I've heard that about the lemon juice, but thanks for reminding me bc I wasn't even thinking about it. I usually cook beef and chicken and order fish out. It makes me nervous. I don't want to over-cook it, but am afraid if I don't cook it too long I'll get food poisoning or something.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Miso is a soy bean paste you get at an asian food store, but mom and I both think that it would be just as good with out the miso. We were talking about it the night we made it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Very easy. Salmon with tomatoes:: 1cupuncooked rice (your choice-we also use pasta),2cups water,2 1/2tblspn olive oil,2 6oz.salmon filets,ssalt&ppr to taste,1/4tspn. paprika, 2 fresh tomatoes.diced,1 1/2tspns garlic, 1tspn lemon juice, 3tblspns.fresh parsley, 1/4cup grated parmesean chs,2tblspns butter, 4 dashes hot sauce.Cook rice and set aside. Heat oil on skillet over med. heat. Season the salmon with salt,ppr,paprka and cook in the oil 1to2 minutes on each side until tender enough to break apart.Break slmon apart with for,mix in tom,garlic,lemon juice.cook untilslmaon is flaky.mix parsley,cheese,butter,hotppr suaceinto pan.Cook until mixed.

momacab

Answer by momacab at 11:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Salmon is a distinctively flavored fish, so it doesn't need a lot of accoutrement. I have flavored oils that I like to use, but you can certainly use an unflavored one. Do you have steaks or fillets? For steaks, I like to pan sear them or do them on the grill. Fillets, I prefer to do in the oven or on the grill. Actually, I prefer the grill for most fish! lol

Rub the salmon with olive oil, or mayonnaise..this will keep it moist. Sprinkle with salt (kosher or sea salt), fresh ground pepper, and a bit of paprika. Then make a compound butter: combine 1 stick of butter with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp each s&p, and 1 tbsp each of dill and parsley (fresh if you have it, use 2tsp if dried). Next, add 1/4 cup finely minced shallots. Mix until everything is incorporated, then spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a small log. Chill, then slice when ready to serve the salmon. Place a pat on each portion.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• What I always do with my Salmon is take out a medium sized piece of foil, put the salmon filet on it, then squeeze lemon juice on it and then sprinkle it with ground black pepper, a little salt, paprika, onion salt, a small amount of garlic, seasoning salt(just a little since you already put salt on it), ground cayenne pepper(just a little or a lot,optional). Then I wrap the foil up tightly, but not too tight around the salmon, make sure there are no holes. I put the foil wrapped salmon in a pan, glass or metal either one. I cook it like that for about 20 - 25 minutes on 400 degrees. Then after the 20 -25 minutes, I take the pan out and open the foil up all the way and then stick it back in the oven for 5 minutes and then after that 5 minutes I put it in the broiler for about 2 - 3 minutes. I cook it like this because I prefer dry salmon. It is still "juicy" and tender, but it isn't slimy when I cook it this way.
    wintertyme

Answer by wintertyme at 2:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009