Is there a "fancy" way to wear a bob?

I just got my hair cut in a bob (or pob). My bro is getting married and I'm trying to figure out how to "dress it up" a bit. Any ideas?

teacher-mom

Asked by teacher-mom at 10:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I saw a magazine when I got my hair cut last week and it was a traditional bob...but instead of flipped under/up they did vertical spiral curls
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I love styling bobs on my clients. You can do the spirals, the traditional bump with a few pieces flipped makes it really elegant, feather the front pieces to the back into the bob, krimps, no part have it all going back and down on sides, flat twists on one side to the ear with a pretty flower or hair decoration. There are so many ways to wear a bob now. You can even roller set it on medium rollers for a semi curly look.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 10:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I make my bob look all messed up when I need it to look different. Piece-y and messy can look pretty cute done right. :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• cute little gemed clips or bobby pins. I used those when my hair was really short.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• For a wedding as in formal, try to back comb the top front section, then slick it all back for a sexy slick formal style. Or twist and pull pieces back, even the shorter back side and do a french twist, with out the updo in the back. Bobby pins are much needed and a curling iron. Let me see if I can find a picture for you...
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ok I am gonna mail you some idea in photos....

MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 10:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009