How long after membrane sweep...

Did you start cramping? Was it right away or a little later? Thanks :)

WeLuvOurNUGGET

Asked by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 2:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• OMG, that hurt so much more than labor!

My water broke about 30 hours later

Answer by rkoloms at 3:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2011

• :( ughh... Well i'm just wondering as I'm still not cramping got mine done about an hour ago.
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Comment by WeLuvOurNUGGET (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2011

• Membrane sweep does not mean immediate labor. Some women get lucky, but most women, it won't affect. Especially if baby's not ready to come out.
    Anonymous

• I had 3 membrane sweeps before my DD decided to come. Then my water had a slow leak, then when we got to the hospital they checked my cervix and BAM water broke even more but was just gushing uncontrollably. It happens at different times for everyone though. Good Luck!
    layawatling

Answer by layawatling at 5:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2011

• My doc did it and I told to her to do it good lol! When she removed her hand it was pretty bloody and I was cramping and spotting for about 5 days and the next day I went I to labor! I think it definitely sped things up but only if it's done right. I was just about 4 cm when she did it!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 5:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2011