little boys curly hair?

My 2 year old has the cutest curls. I have not cut them because I love them so much, but they are getting unruly. Is there a product or trick that I can use to tame his curls, or do I need to trim?

teacher-mom

Asked by teacher-mom at 10:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My son had really great curly ringlets and I was the same as you. I didnt cut them but did trim his hair up and used shampoo and leave in condition on his hair.

Answer by gemgem at 10:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm curious about this also. My son (1 year) is getting my curly hair and we're not planning to cut it till he's three.

My hair is more manageable since I stopped using shampoo a few months ago but that's not really an option for everyone. Once it's clean and untangled, you can "club" his hair, tying it back at the base of of skull. My sister does this with her little boy and it looks pretty cute.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you could use a defusing gel or moose..... put a little through his hair while wet and let it air dry. or a spary in conditioner while its wet.... with either product you use....put it in through the whole head and click it back... than scrunch ur fingers through it a little and let it air dry.....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i meant to say slick it bak not click it bak LOL.. sry.... brush it back with a comb or hard brissle brush and than scrunch it a lil.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We used to use baby shampoo and then one of the Aussie brand conditioners and let it sit while we finished his bath. If that is not enough I would try one of the spray on conditioners as well.

We didn't cut our boys hair until after he turned 3. His cuts got shorter and shorter as he got older.

At 5 he decided he wanted a big boy hair cut, so there are no curls anymore.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It think little boys with curls are cute. Just make sure you dress him very boy and don't get to offended when some person ignores all the blue football clothes and calls him a girl. That happens to my friend a lot and she just blows them off. she uses leave in conditioner spray on his hair and uses only a wide toothed comb.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When you was his hair just use a little dab of hair serum & run your fingers around his curls. He will have a nice shine to his hair & frizz free.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son has super curly hair and is growing it long (he is 9). My sister is a stylist and she has super curly hair too and swears by Aveda's aloe and flax sculpting gel. I just got a bottle and it works so well. I just wet my sons hair in the AM before school and use a SMALL amount of the gel to finger style his curls for him and it works really well. It does not leave his hair crunchy or gross feeling either..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My oldest and youngest have awesome curly hair. my oldest now shaves his head lol my youngest wants to look like dee snyder from twisted sister lmao. i use a kids shampoo by loreal that has frizz tamer in it . it is inexpensive and seems to do the trick on occassion i take my hairspray and will spray a few pumps into my palm rub my hands together and smooth his hair when wet if we need to blow dry. the wide tooth comb is a big help too.
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 11:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2009