I'm SO thirsty!

I haven't hardly had any cravings but I am always thirsty. I guess I can say I have craved lots of OJ and Apple Juice too. And then there are times where I can drink a whole large bottle of Smart Water.....anyone ever experience this?
I had my gest. diab test and they said everything is fine so I'm not worried about that.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 10:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup... I always had to have ice with me... I just craved it.. Pluss i was getting all the water i needed...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had to have ice too. Or hard candy to suck on.
    Good luck mama!!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I drank enough to fill an olympic size swimming pool, I swear! lol You are definitely not the only one!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would suggest you try to quench your thirst with good old fashion plain water...the other drinks are fine...but you should primarily drink water to keep from dehydrating. I dehydrate very easy when I'm oregnant...I have to have a bottle of water w/ me at all times.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 12:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• this might sound really weird but i was so thirsty when i was pregnant that i had to always carry water with me because one time my hubby and i were in walmart and i was so thirsty that he had to run and get me something to drink and come back because i was seriously CRAVING the Mr Clean that was in my buggy....it was liquidy and a pretty color and to me it looked like it would curb my thirst ....there was nothing wrong with me except i needed water!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Me too!! Doc told me to watch my salt intake.
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's normal during pregnancy. You need more fluids when you're pregnant, and that's your body's way of letting you know. With my first, I would go to work with a 2-liter bottle of water (and sometimes some Crystal Light drink mix), and people looked at me so funny at first, but most days I'd drink the whole thing and then some, and that didn't include what I drank at home.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would stick to water. One month during my pregnancy, I went crazy drinking juice and gained a ton of weight. My Doc. yelled at me for it.
    Anonymous

• me too!! its insame, i feel dehydrated all the time!
    Midwest_Mommy

Answer by Midwest_Mommy at 7:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009