How is the best way to go about potty training and at what age? My daughter is scared of the potty, and i dont want to push it on her!

She is two, and wanting to be without a diaper, but scared of the potty!

crystalgordon

Asked by crystalgordon at 3:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd hated sitting on the potty so when i would go i would sit her on my lap, with cothes still on and say this is how we potty, and she took to that and then one day got up there on her own, but the soft seats is a good thing she will not sit on her little potty chair lol
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 3:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• There is no best age.

Is she scared of the big toilet? Get her a little potty.
    If she's scared of her little potty, try an adaptor ring for the big toilet or get her a different little potty.

From the reviews I've read, many children develop a fear after something on the potty (or adaptor ring) pinches them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008