Can you help me decide what career path to take?

I'm a SAHM, have been for 7 years, I'm trying to decide whether to start my own business which could be very profitable if-- successful, or go to dental assisting school that averages 35K a year in salary or I could sell gourd art at the indoor/outdoor flea markets, craft shows --profit would be very low, maybe 500- a month, but I wouldn't need a business license-no extra taxes to do... I feel like I need to do something and I'm not sure what-- if you woke up in my shoes what would you do? Luckily, my husbands job is secure and he makes a good salary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Depends... Take my sister for ex: she just got prego, she watches my kid everyday and does all the craft shows, things like that, but her hubby makes enough she doesnt need to work, now me i would never its not a steady job, if i had to do it all over instead of accounting i would have done, nurse, eye doc.; Its really what you have time for... What does your heart say? Whats your passion?
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would start my own business! I don't like the idea of having a boss tll me what to do :-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You could try starting your own business from home. Take a look at my sites and let me know if you need any help!!

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php

http://www.themomteam.com/Staci1228
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You should do something you are going to love. If it's a second income that you don't rely on then you will have the time to fine tune it and make it work. And you will be more likely to stick with it and make something of it!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I always suggest starting your own business.  How can you go wrong with that?  Check out www.stuffformoms.info for ideas.  If you have any questions, let me know.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have a home based business and I help mom who want to work from home. No selling, no inventory, no door to door, no hosting parties.
    Visit my website http://www.motivatedmomz.com - I'll show you how!

Have a great day!

Sandy
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 12:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am a dental assistant and LOVE IT!! I definetly want to go on for hygiene though.. Just because I wouldn't really have the dentist watching my every move lol.. and pay is also substancially greater. Just think about what you LOVE. In a dental office the dentist is technically your boss but isn't really a boss. At my office anyways. I am not quite sure how to say it.. He is more of a team kinda guy everyone does everything we are all in it together sort of thing.. he just cuts my paycheck lol! :)
    Anonymous