Is there anyway to remove Belly Fat when over 40?

Its on every magazine Cover... How to rid that Belly Fat!? Anyone have A Tried and True Way??

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My mom did, she took belly dancing classes. Great way to tone those muscles, also alot of fun!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Just had my 5th child at 40,my transverse ab muscles seperated during this pregnancy,
    you can lay on the floor knees up like you are about to do a cruch,put fingers over your bellybutton, the other arm is behind your head,do a small crunch,feel for space between your ab muscles,I could stick 2 fingers in mine a month after baby. I have a bulge to my belly all the time now.
    have a bad back and this core weakness makes it even worse.

One must strengthen the underlying muscles first...doing situps/crunches before they are can make bulge worse

I sing a lot,and ride horses,this has helped A LOT! I wore a size 7/8 before giving birth to my 5th,am back down to an 8,please be advised, I am VERY active in the barn, 5'10" tall.
    my size is not something to complain about.,t took a lot of hard work to get back to it...I still have what seems like an extra body part on my belly that I may have to live with.
    dhoppe

Answer by dhoppe at 11:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The older we get, the more we have to exercise I think. Aerobic exercise along with strength training is really the only way to do it. You have to exercise to get your heart rate up to your body's safe rate to burn calories (look online to look it up) continuously for at least 20 minutes, 3 times a week. If you do this continously you will see results!! It's just tough to get started! Once you are on track, you will want to do it because you will be excited about the results you see. Bike riding, stationary bike riding, jump-roping, running, using a "rower", stair-master or treadmill at the gym, all of these will burn calories. Even if you start walking for an hour several times a week, you will see results! Plus the less carbohydrates you eat, the more you will see the results. Not too much breads, bagels and white pasta. Just eat those in moderation.
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009