Would you be concerned?

When my 16 month old son woke up this morning and i went into his room he had vomited all over him self and crib sometime in the night, he is acting completely fine, do you think i should be concerned? should i call the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would be concerned but wouldn't call the doc if there wasn't a fever, or if my dd didn't do it again. Maybe something irritated him during the night, or something upset his stomach.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• wow, thats crazy, My 2 yr old did the exact same thing, but he has no fever or anything to go with it, except a cough that he's had for a day or so
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't be concerned if nothing else comes of it. He could have just gotten a sour stomach from something he ate. I am a nurse and worked in peds office for years, we hear this all of the time. If it continues, he made need to get on some liquid Zantac or something, or see a gastroenterologist.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• whenever something like this happens with my son I call the dr. they always tell me if he has no fever and is eating & drinking&acting (normally) then he should be fine. But if it happens again with in the same 24-48 hrs to call them back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Thanks, i think it may be because daddy gave him a piece of his Stromboli for dinner, and i'm thinking it may not have agreed with him...he's eating and drinking normally and acting like him self, he doesn't feel warm, but our thermometer needs a new battery(just realized this time morning)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If he seems fine, keep an eye on him for fever and wheezing. My concern would be that he sucked some vomit into his lungs (apiration) if he wasn't completely awake when it happened. Usually, it will resolve itself but a fever would indicate a problem and also any kind of breathing problem, especially wheezes that don't sound better if he coughs (that may clear out his throat. wheezing from the lungs won't clear with cough) A barky cough would also concern me. If your doctor's office is good about giving advice without having you come in for every little thing, call them. They will give you guidelines for concern.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2009