I do not know what to do

I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant by my husbands best friend. My husband and I have been having problem recently due to his drinking. He drinks (whiskey) almost everyday and can get really mean and abusive. I know it was wrong but I cheated with his best friend. His friend wants me to have an abortion, but I don't know if I can. I have been against abortion for as long as I can remember. I have been with my DH for over a decade and we have 2 kids. I really hate to break up our family because of our kids (ages 5 & 1). Please no bashing I know what I did was really wrong I just need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I personally would have an abortion so my kids wouldn't have to go through such a confusing situation....and leave the drunk guy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• first get a AIDS test than tell your husband hell maybe this is what you need to get away from the drunk abusive asshole

Anonymous

• I don't believe in abortions my self , but u need to make sure your husband knows how unhappy u are. I've seen , liquor destroy so many families close to me. If he's not t willing to change his drinking habits for his family, it sounds like u should do something about that anyway.
    Edanap1988

Answer by Edanap1988 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't abort because someone else is pressuring me to. That is your baby as well..The "friend" just doesn't want to pay child support obviously..ect. He doesn't give a shit what you have to go through and what you will have to "emotionally" deal with for years to come. You are definately in a tough situation. i don't know what to tell you..honestly..
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't believe in abortion and yes what you did was wrong. But i would speak to the hubby and tell him how he makes you feel when he is drinking and if he is not willing to change you will leave him. now as for the best friend speak to him about the baby if he is not going to be part of the baby's life and you feel that having 3 kids is a lot to handle right now then I would say go ahead with the abortion but in reality girl you are the only one that can truly make that decision.
    good luck hope all works out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• look girl, i don't have to tell you anything about abortions you don't already know deep down... but i was in the same kind of relationship. an abusive drunk i was with for 5 years. and he beat me just about every time he drank there at the end. if your unhappy don't stay anywhere cause of the kids.
    some people think they should do it for the kids but if you have a boy and they see it go on.. they will think thats how you treat women. and a girl will more than likley turn to that kind of man.
    i cheated on him too. but he deserved it. he beat the love out of me.
    as far as the baby... can't noone tell you what to do except you.
    but let me let you know... my mom had 2 abortions in between me and my brother and i was almost aborted. now she fucked up in the head cause of it, ya know.
    hey if you ever just wanna chat... hit me up.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 12:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• wow this must be really hard.. if it was me.. I would leave BOTH men and take my life elsewhere.. b/c unfortunately it will probably break up your marriage especially if your hubbys already abusive.. I dont see him being very loving about this situation. I would take my kids and leave before he even knew I was pregnant. It sounds like BOTH men are no good. Good Luck and God Bless!
    Anonymous

• You should have thought about not breaking up the family before you spread your legs. The baby should not suffer. Tell him and deal with the consequences.
    Anonymous

• Hey Anon @9:15, she asked for help, not abuse, YOU STFU!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• HEY WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE YOUR HUSBAND AS FAR THE OTHER GUY FORGETT HIM TAKE YOUR KIDS START SOMEWHERE FRESH IF YOU REALLY DONT WANT TO HAVE AN ABORTION DONT KEEP YOUR BABY TRUST ME IF YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF 2 YOU CAN HANDLE 3 BUT FOR WHATEVER YOU DECIDE REMEMBER GOD WILL NEVER GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE
    LOVE88

Answer by LOVE88 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009