new mom of a 7 month old..She...

puts everything in her mouth (of course!) Just wondering when she will learn to use a toy for a specific function or press a button to do something rather than just wanting to eat it...any insights?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep them simple (the toys) and show her. She'll catch on...no particular time, just when she's ready.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my 7 month old does the same thing but i always show her how to play with the toy and what to do with it .but with my oldest she stopped doing this when she stopped teething
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Children learn by watch and doing. They best way for her to learn what the toy "is for" is to show her, play with her, talk with her, and mimic her.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 11:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ha ha, my 6th month old thinks her toys are solely for eating, too! Sometimes she plays, but most of the time she tries to eat them.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009