Please give me some input...

What would you do if your husband took your "very expensive" watch and/or wedding ring set and used them for colladeral to borrow money without asking you first? What should I do or say about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be hurt and completely terrified if my hubby did that. If we were that hard up and he needing money elsewhere I would get a night job. Dont let him pawn YOUR things. What I dont understand is why didnt he pawn something of HIS.. like his wedding ring or a playstation or something of that sort. I would be very suspicious too that he was into something illegal that he "owed people money". Its not the same as paying a bill. (now this is just is MY hubby did this) I would def talk to himabout it.
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Why is he making money decisions without consulting you?

What was the money used for?

OF COURSE you should say something. You need to have a handle on your finances and what is owed to who and how much.

Did he pawn them?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would ask him if he lost his freaking mind! Why couldn't he take something of his! He sounds like a self centered, thoughtless person. If it was me and I had proof it was mine I would show this to him and ask how he would like you just taking someone that was important to him and doing that! He sounds like all men! I want it it therefore I get it! Screw that you need to make sure he knows you will get your stuff back even if he has to sell every toy he has to pay off the loan! Jerks!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• WIMSEY: He needed money for child support..He didn't pawn them but gave them to "some guy" that he knows until he repays him the money borrowed. He tried to pawn his, but the guy didn't want his. BTW it was a Rolex I got last year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• if it was for bills or whatever, sometimes men don't want to ask for help or admit they can't do it so they find ways to get-r-done.
    but if he did it for anything else.... girl, thats what god made the back of our hand for.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 11:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I want to know if you have money to buy a Rolex then why don't you have money to pay his child support?
    Anonymous

• Anon: My feelings exaclty... I think hes doing something illegal too. Especially if he didnt pawn it.. he gave it to some guy.. Sounds fishy to me.....
    Anonymous

• You are never gonna see that watch again! Sorry, but that's the way it works. I'd take everything he has and pawn it and buy myself a replacement, then tell him that's what he should have done in the first place--sell HIS sh*t for the money. Then I'd leave the jerk.
    Anonymous

• It is not your responsibility to pay his child support so please ignore anon's comment. As for your jewelry, I don't think that you will see them again. I think that you should leave him b/c the fact that he couldn't ge a bank loan and had to use, for all immediate purposes, a loan shark stirs suspicion. I would run and not look back. You don't want to get involved in any of his crazy.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• *get, sorry.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009