losing weight the old fashion way

How many of you are trying to lose weight the old fashion way...just diet and exercise?

What are different things that you eat and what kind of exercise do you do?

luvnmy3kid

Asked by luvnmy3kid at 11:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I do Taebo and Hip Hop abs. I also eat Lean Cuisines for lunch. Oatmeal for Breakfast and a big dinner. I have one day out of the week I eat whatever I want and normally it's Wendy's Mcdonalds Burger King. Or I'll go to a Restaurant and order something fatty....LOL

I do my Taebo and Hip Hop abs for about 10-15 minutes every other day. I went from 286 to 199. I'm loving it. But have slowed down alot on doing my part. I've gained a few pounds back but will have it all under control soon.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm going to be starting something tomorrow. I've joined on Sparkpeople.com for ideas and tips. Its a free site that lets you journal your calorie intake and exercise, and provides tons of info on everything you might need. I plan on sticking to a 1200-1500 calorie diet, and walking daily with my kids.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Here is a really good website.
    www.moderforager.com
    Its a LOT of information but its good information and it really is the way to do it.
    As far as working out I can send you a workout routine if you want. Just let me know. My best friend is a personal trainer and I have learned bookoos of stuff from her.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm choosing the old fashioned way - I'm too scared to get surgery to many gone bad and the risks are a bit high. I'm taking it slow drinking more water, cutting down on pop, sugar and carbs. I'm kinda hangin on to the you can eat what you want as long as it's in moderation and you exercise thing, if that doesn't work, I'll just cut out the bad foods altogether.
    need2rest71

Answer by need2rest71 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The old fashion way. I would totally agree with need2rest71. Just keep telling yourself that bad food is gross and set a standard for yourself. It works only if you stick with what you want and if you feel yourself slipping write yourself a note reminding you of your goals.
    Sillymemommy11

Answer by Sillymemommy11 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I really liked the south beach diet. It wasn't so much a diet as just a lesson on what to eat that is right and good for your body. I actually learned quite a bit by doing that diet. That and I would go to the gym and just kick my own butt everyday for a good hour and a half. I loved how I felt when I was done. I wish I had the cash to join a gym now.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yup, old fashioned way for me! I've been reading a LOT of books and taking nutrition classes from www.weightandwellness.com (they have recorded podcasts too!) and love all that they teach. Now going to college for holistic nutrition too! Eliminate the processed foods, they are full of junk that screws with your metabolism and chemistry, not to mention a ton of sugars. To find sugar content take the number of carbs, subract the fiber and divide by 4 ~ that equals the number of teaspoons of sugar in that serving! Eat a healthy fat (olive oil, olives, avocado, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, butter, etc) at every meal/snack.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 9:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009