what could this be?

My 2 yr old has had a phelgmy sounding cough for 2 days, last night he was coughin and threw up all over me, then threw up again sometime during the night and woke up this morning w/ a low grade fever...he has an appt w/ the DR @ 2pm but I was wondering what in the world he could have, everytime I take him in w/ a cough they blame it on allergies... he just got over a sinus infection 2 weeks ago which they also blamed on allergies.

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• Drainage can cause nausea and vomiting. Also, the gag reflex when coughing can cause a child to vomit. It may easily be a resp. infection or sinus infection again.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would be wiling to bet it is still sinus problems. He is throwing up the mucus out of his system... it's the only way children get it up. It's a good thing! Yeah, I said good thing about throwing up... YUCK! Anyway, he needs plenty of fluids and lots of rest. I do think allergies are the big cause of alot of sinus trouble though.... (voice of experience here)!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• As frustrating as it may be there is a good chance that it is allergies. My six year old went through this a couple of months ago. He has allergy issues and they put him on Zyrtec and it all cleared up. I wasn't convinced they were right at the time but it worked. Allergy issues make it hard to get over an illness because your sinus cavity is already sensitive to swelling and the cold air just makes it worse. Good luck and I hope your little guy starts feeling better soon.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son did this a few weeks ago and he has a double ear infection. So it could be that or just drainage from his sinuses.
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 12:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Thanks ladies, I really appreciate all the suggestions!
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009