Swollen feet...

What does it mean when your feet swell? Im 34 almost 35 weeks pregnant.

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me, it meant don't ever eat ham again!!! I ate ham over xmas, and my feet were so huge my shoes didn't fit! My NP friend said that it's a combo of the sodium and pregnancy hormones!! Good luck!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• as long as your blood pressure is fine... it means your feet are swollen. lol :) Just prop them up and you should be good to go in about 30 to 45 min. It's just caused from poor circulation or something like that, because your so far along
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• water retention... its typical and normal though. my legs are swelling i hate it i always had nice long legs :( no more! lol and my arms are swelling as well.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm at 30 wks and I just started noticing my feet are swelling a little too. I elevate them when I get home from work and it goes away within about 30 minutes. It is normal in pregnancy and as long as your BP is ok then you're fine.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It is water retention. I can't say this is a miracle answer but I am at 29 weeks in my third pregnancy and I swelled really bad with my first. With my second and third pregnancies when I notice my feet starting to swell I will prop them up for a few hours in the evening and cut my sodium intake for the next 24 hours. This always brings them back to normal. Also drink nothing but water and a lot of it. Sometimes they will swell if I've just been on my feet for a long time during the day. If that's the case then just propping them up does the trick.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• OH, I should also say that she said to drink caffeine free tea. She said its one of the best diuretics!! I did, and WOW, what a difference! Swelling is gone completely!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009