feeding ?

My 3.5 month old has been eating really well on the first breast but once I switch her she'll drink a little then start crying. She acts like she still wants some, but will cry when I put her back on. I thought it was just that she needed to burp, but even after a really good burp she will still cry when I put her back on. She'll be happy with a pacifier though. Would she cry like this just because she's full? She only started doing this yesterday. Usually she just won't latch on if she's full.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is possible that she is full, emptied the first breast and just wanted an empty breast to suckle while she snuggles with you. That is normal with nothing to worry about.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 11:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'd make sure you are alternating which breast you start out with just to be sure there is no issue with the breast. My son used to cry if I insisted on him nursing when he was not hungry. She could just be sleepy and wanting to be snuggled to sleep.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My daughter does this, too, and has since birth. I think sometimes she is full and wants something to suck on. Other times she is just tired, and she always fights sleep. I walk with her in a wrap and she's usually out. Then sometimes when she won't fall asleep she is still hungry, but tired, so I can usually calm her for a while and try again, she will eat.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009