HELP!!! I think my Milk is drying out!! (PART 2)

Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for your answers and support. My breasts FEEL like there is less milk in them too. My son is waking an increased amount of times at night for feedings and he is getting furious with me after I nurse him because he is still hungry. It's only been a day or two, but I feel very stressed out and discouraged. I think I was supposed to get my period a couple days ago (they are not 100% on time since the pregnancy), would it affect milk supply if it is that time of the month? Does it indicate anything if my breasts don't feel like they have a lot of milk in them (extremely flaccid)? When I pump if I compress my breast a little I can get a little bit more out of them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It means nothing for them to feel less full , breastfeeding is entirely supply and demand, he sucks , your breasts produce .
    It is normal for the not full feeling after a nursing relationship is established , and it is normal to produce a bit less around the time your period comes . My kids were ALWAYS frustrated at that time of the month for 1-2 days or so .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes, it's normal for your supply to dip when your menstrual cycle is due, usually because of the hormone dips involved. Just keep nursing on demand. If he's wetting diapers (at least 4 a day) he's FINE. Don't worry too much. When he's not getting enough, he wont put much out.
    Anonymous

• Pleas stop pumping!! My son did the same thing around 3 months... waking in the middle of the night, crying, never seeming full.. So I started pumping. I needed to know how much my baby was getting. After a month of my supply staying down my milk just dried up. But my milk wasn't truly low my baby was just growing and wanted more. The pump just doesn't stimulate the milk production like the baby will. So stop pumping obsessively and just let your baby nurse as often as he needs.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have been exclusively pumping since my daughter was born 3 months ago, I have had a period once and when I did my supply went down. I was told by my LC to drink mothers milk tea, I drank it at least 4 times a day and it helped. Are you pumping at home or work?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009