WTH!! '12 week fetus models on Trick or Treat bags?

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/fetus-dolls-at-trick-1219703.html#.TricTV0tpWo.mailto   This actually took place near my house!  Thank goodness we didn't go.  I would not have been comfortable with this at all!  How about you?   (Not trying to debate pro life or choice just thought this was a terrible idea and wondered others thoughts.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Article:

Some adults are appalled that children in Loganville got dolls of 12-week-old fetuses with their Halloween candy, Channel 2 Action News reports.

The incident happened Oct. 29 during the downtown Trick or Treat on Main Street event in the Gwinnett County city.

Joshua Edmonds, who told Channel 2 Action News he is a senior minister of the Christian social justice organization Project:Ignite, says he can’t understand why some people are upset with what he did.

“We’re still trying to understand where the offense is at,” Edmonds said. “We think it’s with the assumption that when we talk about life in the womb, it’s about abortion. But the whole concept of the event, the point of the outreach, the point of the models (are) we should respect life.”

One of the people taken aback was John Ramsey, whose 3-year-old grandson received one of the dolls.

“When they handed that to him, he wanted to know what it was, and so the gentlemen there told him it was a 12-week-old fetus and this is what you looked like in your mother’s belly,” Ramsey told Channel 2.

“Almost everyone I’ve spoken to was appalled by what transpired,” Ramsey said. "I think there's a time and place for everything, but I don't think handing out toy fetuses to 3-year-olds is an appropriate thing to do."

Edmonds said that his organization gave out candy, like other groups at the event, and dolls to those whose parents approved. He said he did not mention abortion and apologizes if some took offense.

Organizers of the Loganville Trick or Treat said Project:Ignite had been invited to participate in this year’s event.

The Project:Ignite Global Ministries website identifies Edmonds, of Raleigh, as senior minister and president and CEO of the organization.

The group says it has ongoing campaigns. One assists persecuted Christians around the world. The other helps student-run pro-life organizations on college campuses with national days of silence and prayer, on-campus events to raise awareness, and programs serving pregnant women.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am so embarrassed that this happened in GA...sheesh...i know many kids who trick or treat in Loganville...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• I know right?
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• Im trying to figure out the connection between a 3 year old trick or treating and a fetus.... or a 3 year doing anything and a fetus.... Coming up blank. Whose brilliant idea was this???? Words truly fail me for how lame this is.... So you show a 3 year old what a developing baby looks like and..... what???? Where does it go from there????? This is just stupid
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• Eh, I put this right up there with the people who gave my 2 year old obvious choking hazards. Some things aren't appropriate, but yet if you set your kids loose to ask for candy at stranger's houses then you are going to have to accept what they get. If you don't like it, then just don't go back to that house next year.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• Okay but this isn't about age inappropriate toys here. This was them pushing their agenda and using these children as the delivery method. I just think it was a LOW move on there part and not a great way to get off on the right foot with the community.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• I see your point, but, IMHO, inappropriate is inappropriate...and may even be worse having to take candy away from your child who doesn't understand why she can't have the huge jaw breaker. If my daughter, now 5, got one of these, she'd think it was cute and probably use it as a baby to her baby dolls.

Again...you allow your child to visit stranger's houses, you open your child up to getting things like this. It's unfortunate, but true.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• There are some very sick people out there ... and the worst of the matter is that they are often respected and listened-to people in positions of responsability.

Honestly, they should leave children out of their public/political agendas until they're old enough to vote.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 12:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• That is freaking disturbing. As a kid that would have freaked me out. It would freak my kids out. Me being the B**** I am some one would have gotten knocked out for it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• And i though the bouncy ball with fake poop and flies inside of it was gross...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2011

• The people who created this stuff to hand out to sweet innocent children are perverts.
    THIS is why I am suspicious of organized religion and its why I think they are a bunch of hypocritcal power-hungry nuts......with the exception of a FEW sincerely good men. and women. In churches.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2011