can some women be pregnant and it not show up on a pregnancy test?

I'm 3 day late and still getting BFN... I have alot of signs of being pregnant... My boobs are fuller and my veins in my chest are darker and nipples are darker.. i'm bloated and hungry all the time my lower back hurts.. I have no sign of AF ... Could I be pregnant and it just not showing up on the pregnancy test??? I know when i got pregnant with my ds i had a blood test done at 4 wks and it came back neg and 2 wks later i got a BFP..I have a dr appt Monday but I'm scared that the blood test is going to be BFN too...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can be pregnant. You just may not have enough hcg in your urine to test positive. It happened to me. A week later I tested positive though.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I took over the counter pregnancy tests with both of my children and even when I was three months pregnant (I found out later) I got a negative test result.
    Jenniferathome

Answer by Jenniferathome at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've had multiple home and blood tests come back negative... but at 3 days late I would'nt get my hopes up too high yet. I'd give myself at lest until next week before I expected to see any positives if I were you...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Pregnancy symptoms don't always mean you are pregnant. I have recently gone thru this, and Ihad every pregnancy symptom in the book. Keep your appointment, get the blood test, have a full exam. I wasn't pregnant. I hope you get the result you want. Having 4 kids, a negative was just fine with me! I was given meds to start my missing period!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009