Activities???

Ok, so don't think I am totally horrible, but I wanted to see if there are good idea books out there that give suggestions on activities to play with your toddlers. My son is 16 months, and I want to play with him a lot, but I am not creative enough to think of fun and teaching games to play with him. Are there any books out there that give ideas that are good? Thanks!

newmommy09

Asked by newmommy09 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont know about books. But my son loves to color so we get out the crayons/markers and learn about colors. Or playdough and make shapes. He has flashcards that he likes sometimes. We play cars and count the cars or whatever. I think at that age you just have to take what they like to do and find something to make it a learning experience. Like which one is the blue car? or how many cars do we have? and then count them out. or can you make a circle with the playdough? Right now he's probably too young to understand but he'll get the hang of it. I know for me it was harder for me to remember to make play time educational than it was for my son to understand what i was teaching him.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• we color, play with bubbles, run my son just likes to run around the house, play with hot wheels, play with playdough, puzzles with colors numbers letters
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Go to FamilyFun.com....they have a section for activities with Toddlers and every other age group. It's a great resource. Kneebouncers.com is also a fun way to play together on the computer for a bit.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009