Jesus Peace and blessing be upon him

Matthew
19 verse 16
and behold one came and said to unto him good master teacher what good shall i do that i can have eateral life? jesus said unto him why call on me good there is no good except god

see jesus wouldnt even let him call him good let alone god
If you can find me one part in any bible 66 copies 73 for catholics
but if you find me one part where jesus says he is god worship him I WILL CONVERT BACK TO CHRISTIANITY

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 3:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• JOHN 29 30 I and the Father are one
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• That is all it says
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• So if you belive Jesus was a prophet you either belive he was a liar or was telling the truth. Truth can not be 2 ways. Can a man be a good prophet and a liar at the same time?
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 4:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• John 1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
    Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. -
    -John 20-28And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Anonymous

• John 14- If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
    8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
    9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves-
    butterflie2484

Answer by butterflie2484 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• One interpretation of the Bible (most Christians I know believe this) is that although Jesus IS God, He also took on a more son-like role and human role and chose to be subservient to God. He lived in part to show us how we should live (being a Christian means to be Christ-Like) and therefore had to act subservient in order to show us how we should walk to become closer to Him.

These are the verses I have found, there are others but I only have a limited amount of time to be online:

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 4:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."

Rev. 1:17 - "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

Rev. 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the
    Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Sources:
    http://www.carm.org/doctrine/isJesusGod.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/peacecrusader888/post001.htm
    MamaPyratekk

• While Jesus wanted people to understand that he was the son of God, he wanted them to worship God in Heaven, not the man on earth. Jesus' role on earth was teacher and redeemer. Had people worshiped Jesus and forgotten the Lord, they would have broken 2 commandments - No other Gods before me & No idols.

Honestly, if you're so "curious" about all of this, why not read the Bible yourself and find your own answers. You're not seeking answers here, you're trying to start arguments and disrespect other people's beliefs.
    Anonymous

• OP if you want to be a Christian then you will be a Christian, you don't need any of us to convert you...I can not convert you, nor will I attempt to try. It is God who has that kind of power, HE is the one that speaks to your heart, so listen to what God is telling you.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• yes god speaks through jesus with the holy spirit. just like he did with all the messengers moses jesus and muhammed
    but jesus never said that he was god in any of thease and to worship jesus
    he said believe in him for god is in him, through the holy spirit
    this is how in islam we believe god spoke to the messenger he sent the holy spirit Angel Gabriel to speak to the messengers
    I dont think jesus is a liar
    i think man changed his words
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008