What should my mom get for my son's first b-day?

My family lives in California and we live in Texas. My son and I saw my family for the Thanksgiving holidays and his first b-day is January 14th. My mom wants to get him something that is special for his b-day. Any ideas of what she can get him that he can have for awhile?

LadyUsagi

Asked by LadyUsagi at 12:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start a college savings fund (if you think your child will go to college). Each year she and other family members can contribute to it.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Opps... sorry!! I forgot to put that she's going to start him one of those when he starts school
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 12:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Oh, okay! :-) I'll have to think on that one. It's been so long since mine were that age. lol
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My mom gave my son a $50 savings bond. If your looking for something sentimenal...I LOVE getting books inscribed with a special love note for my child. We start off the book reading the love note from "grandma" ,you could even add a picture of grandma so your child familiarizes with grandmas face each time you sit and read it together. I have several books from family members we don't see often and it's a good way to remember family throughout the year.
    Billy Crystals "I Already Know I love You" is one my mom bought for my son. It's granparent/grandchild related.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• SOme kind of Keepsake like a Precious moments one then carry that on year after year.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009