Any way to de-stress or get to feeling better?

I am achy and so tired, i cannot sleep well and I am so anxious and short tempered all the time. I know I am probably depressed and seem to be anxious about lots of stupid things. I don't know what to do.

Nakor21

Asked by Nakor21 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• You dont have to take meds. just b/c your depressed. I am so anit meds. I think you should try and control your anxiety before resorting to meds. I used to have severe anxiety issues and was on meds. they just masked the symptoms not cured me. I stoped taking them. Yees, I am still anxious sometimes, but I work myself through it usually. Sometimes I do break down and cry but nobodies perfect.
    Get your mind off everything. Clean, read, play with the kids, talk to a friend. Those are all things I try to do when I am anxious. Sometimes it works sometimes not.
    If you are really depressed, go to the Dr. Some people do take meds. for these things. Not that I am totally against it.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Try a massage. It can help the achy muscles, sleep troubles, and anxiety,
    LMTmom

Answer by LMTmom at 4:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• try taking a 30 minute walk by yourself w/ some music or w/ a friend you can talk to...i know exercise makes me feel better
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Hey sweetie, are you on any antidepressants? You sound just like me when I'm not taking my meds. You don't always have to feel sad to be depressed. I have the same symptoms you are describing and have chronic depression. You can e-mail to tell me more. I'll try to help ya. Huggsss hun!!!
    SingleMamaof1

Answer by SingleMamaof1 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• chocolate is my best friend. hershey's bliss. i also read. and crochet. cross stich. i do soemthing that allows me to go brain dead for a while. sex works too.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008