Can someone tell me how bad or not is Menopause?

solmari

Asked by solmari at 12:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• Due to a necessary surgery, I became menopausal at 37. I honestly think how one handles menopause is directly proportionate to how they handled their periods. If you weren't phased byyour periods--no to minimal cramping, no PMS, didn't let it "control" you, then, like me, you won't notice any "life altering" changes--like hot flashes, weight gain, biatchyness! If you suffered more or were "high maintenance" with your periods, I think you will continue to behave as you did when you DID have periods. Some women use their periods/menopause as an excuse, others view it is a part of life. The latter group adjust to life's changes much easier than the former....IMHO, of course!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had a total hysterectomy almost a year ago (i'm only 32). So I was forced into the world of menopause. The best part of it is NO PERIODS!! I've had to take a few different meds to adjust before I found out which one controlled the hot flashes, but once they're under control...it's not so bad.
    Anonymous

• It's different for every woman. Some women have little or no problems at all. Some have major issued, but they can usually be helped with HRT (hormone replacement therapy). I am premenopausal (early no less), and the biggest problem I have is intense hot flashes. Usually when I eat or sleep. Even when it's cold in the house, I wake up sweating, which means my sheets wear out quicker than usual! lol It's nothing I can't live with. My SIL on the other hand, had a lot fo emotional issues before HRT...crying at the drop of a hat, lashing out in rages, all that stuff. It's just dependent on your own body.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had surgical menopause at 35. To be honest, I was so thrilled to not be so sick from female stuff, that menopause was nothing. There were some symptoms - like night sweats, being a bit more "ditzy" for a while, and such, but it was worth the change. Because my hysterectomy was for endometriosis, I chose not to take any hormones, and have been so thankful. I think my body just "got through it" faster. But, as stated by others, every woman's body is a little bit different.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 1:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Wow,ladies thank you so much for the info it's been like a bothersome body type of hormone thing for me,perimenopause? just go with the flow or take a dummy and beat the heck out of it,take deep breaths is basic what i do for everything,dont always work,anyways thank you, one more thing for woman to deal with,and then some........
    solmari

Answer by solmari at 2:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009