What should my mom get for my son's first b-day?

My family lives in California and we live in Texas. My son and I saw my family for the Thanksgiving holidays and his first b-day is January 14th. My mom wants to get him something that is special for his b-day. Any ideas of what she can get him that he can have for awhile?

She's starting a college fund for him when he starts school.

LadyUsagi

Asked by LadyUsagi at 12:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well at one they like the paper more than the stuff inside lol ....what about savings bonds?V-tech toys or eletronic reading/learning books are great to because any time he slaps a button something happens.happy bday to your lil one!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I love that your mom is starting a college fund for your son.  When my twins turned one my mom who lives out of state sent some $$$ I purchased a wagon.  My boys are four and we still use it for our walks to the park.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son's favorite 1st b-day present was Mega-Blocks, which he'll be playing with for a good long while (heck, I even play with them, lol). He also loves the LeapFrog Phonics Bus he got.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• something sentimental would be my suggestion. At 1 he may not understand but in a few yrs he will. My younger brother gave my 10 month old son his old Teddy Bear for christmas. This ment alot to me and im sure it will mean alot to my son some day.
    MattysMommy143

Answer by MattysMommy143 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009