where to go on vacation with a 17 month old

I am trying to figure out where a good place to bring a little person on vacation that is fun but relaxing at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas? My husband says Disney is out of the question.

jnt4395

Asked by jnt4395 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Travel

• We go to the beach sometimes and we like to go to places like Gatlinburg, where there are lots of places to take little ones. You just need to remember littles ones get bored fast so dont plan to do to much in one day. And we always try to not have any plans set in stone since kids can get tired and change those plans pretty quickly. Good luck, if you need any tips pm me.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• well it depends, where you live, i live in nh and we go to santas village, and storyland every yr.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We live in New York City. But we don't mind traveling. I will look into these locations. Thank you for the ideas if you have any more please let me know. Thank you
    jnt4395

Answer by jnt4395 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I agree, 17 months is too young for Disney. Many times we've been there and I feel sorry for the little ones who are so tired and miserable. I'd say the beach. The child can play in the sand and paddle in the water. In the mid-day heat and sun, he or she can have their nap and quiet time.

Answer by Bmat at 6:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• in st pete FL there is a great hotel, called the don cesear, really clean, really safe, kid friendly, they even have a pet floor, it is a lowes hotel .... my son called it teh big pink house... we will def go back. it was safe and relaxing.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Favorites of ours are any city with Sea World, and the Great Wolf Lodge!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• cruise!!! you can have beach, good food, gambling, shows and babysitting for less than 100$ a day PP!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Call My Mom say Gena from CafeMom said to call her 559-321-5886
    She can get you the best Deal.....Her name is Sandra Venegas
    or email her at : theartoftravelbysandra@yahoo.com
    She will help :)
    genav

Answer by genav at 12:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2009