Feeling Guilty! :(

Ok I have always said it I was truly blessed with my daughter...She is soooooooo good, not a crier, good eater, and even listens to "no" and "don't touch it please", but am I crazy for feeling this way. In the morning, every morning, when she wakes up, about 8 usually while dada's getting ready for work, I make her a bottle. change her, put her in the playpen right next to the bed, turn on noggin and for about an hour or a lil more I kinda doze not fully but u know trying to get a lil more sleep in...now I completely understand 8 is good, I've heard stories from moms who wake up at 5, 6, etc...ok so what do u think???

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you're fine. I do that and I see nothing wrong with it at all. Her needs are being met, she seems happy so don't worry. I am sure other moms will say otherwise, but we are human and not all of us are rearing to go early in the mornings!!! Relax and enjoy it while it lasts :)
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You shouldnt feel guilty at all. I do the same with my son. We wake up at like 8-9am and I take care of my nephew so i make my son bottle, put my son in his pen with toys to play with, get breakfast ready for my 2 year old nephew, and while my nephew is eating, I start cleaning the house. Sometimes I am able to get everything done and other times i dont before my son gets fussy.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 1:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Do what works for your family.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Don't feel too guilty! My children are ages: 8mo., almost 3yrs. and 4yrs. old-and there are times when I doze off on the couch while they are all playing nicely on the floor and/or watching a little tv!! But I am not fully asleep either! Sometimes when you are super tired and need more sleep-it happens! I have been very bad at getting to bed at a decent hour myself-dang George Lopez show! But, we do our best to get enough sleep so that doesn't happen-but hey, as long as they are safe, it happens and its okay!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If it works for you, go with it.

Personally, I've always tried to do what I need for myself not on their time. They get up early, so for my "me" time I get up earlier and go to bed shortly after they go to bed so I can get sleep I need. If they're up they are my main focus....but then, when they get up, they are up and at it, full of energy and wanting fed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If she's happy with that, then take advantage of it! There will come a day when she's going to want you up when she's up, and then you'd regret not taking the extra rest when you could get it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't do this. My son is up between 6:00am and 7:30 am. Sometimes I am up until 1 or 2 am. The way I figure is that he has gone to bed between 7:30 pm and 8:30 and slept almost 12 hours. He has been good and slept all night. Why should I make him keep himself occupied in a playpen because I want more sleep? The other thing with the whole dozing off. I would never do this even though sometimes it seems tempting. I have a friend that did this, thinking that her 2 year old was safe playing on the floor only to wake up to a neighbor bringing her daughter home. Her daughter had wandered down the street. Thank goodness something serious did not happen.
    Shannon0622

Answer by Shannon0622 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You should try getting more sleep at night, so you can be awake and aware when your baby is awake. You are using the television as a babysitter.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• oops I meant DAUGHTER...I don't know if your daughter is a baby or not! :-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• girl if it works it works. i do the same when i didn't get enough sleep the night before. sometimes its hard to get to bed early and find enough time to sleep. let the tv baby sit for a little bit if shes ok with it.
    just be glad she will sit in her play pen that long without crying so you can.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 4:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009