Is it ok for my 2 year old to come to my room when she wakes at night? She sleeps on my floor. Is this a stage that she will grow out of or should I fight her on this?

RandiJoJo

Asked by RandiJoJo at 1:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• I don't think it is strange,she wants to be near u but knows if she gets in the bed she will have to be taken back to bed.Smart cookie! lol I would walk her back to bed when you find her on the floor, telling her "nite nite baby you must have got lost on the way to bed.mom is right here."I think kids go thru a phase of feeling like if they caannot see you ,you might be gone.kwim? just be strong and know that she will not be permanantly damaged from sleeping w/o you guys.gl!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think its just a phase, my kids did that too, actually they got into bed with us, I swear my son was at least 4 yrs old before he decided he had his own bedroom.... I fixed it up in his favorite big boy way and he moved right into it.
    katandtysmom

Answer by katandtysmom at 1:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's probably just a phase... my kids all went through it too, and I even remember doing it as a kid! If you do find your child on the floor, the best thing to do is to make sure they are okay and direct them back to their bed. A lot of times little ones that are learning to sleep in their own big beds and now have the freedom to wonder at night love to take advantage of it. Just make sure your little one is safe while doing so.
    cmy3kids

Answer by cmy3kids at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My daugher turned 2 in Oct. & she still comes & gets in bed with us. No big deal really but I'd love it if she would stay in bed. It isnt like she's in the room alone. Her sisters sleep in there too. Guess she just likes our bed better. My other kids really weren't all that interested in getting in bed with me. If they woke up they would come in & I would put them back to bed (talk to them a minute, get them a drink or something) But my 2 yr old won't have any of that! lol
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son was 2 in October and he just started coming into my room, he does not say a word or make noise, so i am not sure when he comes but he just lays down on my floor and goes back to sleep.

Not much help since mine is just started but my mom said it is a "stage" and I should make him go back to bed but I can do that if I dont know he's here :) good luck
    RileysMommy1004

Answer by RileysMommy1004 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009