• In the Spotlight:

Question about meatloaf

I want to make meatloaf tonight for dinner. And I was wondering if I could make it ahead of time and just stick it in the fridge untill i'm ready to bake it. Its easier for me to get my cooking done when my daughter takes her nap in the afternoon.I dont think there would be a problem in doing this. What do you think ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• absolutely! Just set it out before cooking so it can get to room temp so it cooks evenly.yummy!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I always make mine ahead of time and then pop it in the fridge until I'm ready to bake. It's easier for me to also do it during naptime.
    Anonymous

• I agree
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I see noproblem with that...I even know people who make it ahead of time and freeze it. They take it out in the morning to thaw and pop it in the oven in the afternoon...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• meatloaf is one of those things that's easy to reheat! i also like it cold in a sandwich the next day.
    madfoot

Answer by madfoot at 2:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Sure can! Hope you have a good dinner!
    VikkiMarie21

Answer by VikkiMarie21 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You can certainly do that. If you're refrigerating uncooked, then take it out at least 30 min prior to putting in the oven, or it will take longer to bake. You can also bake it ahead of time and reheat either whole or individual slices.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You sure can, but if you are using for a glass dish you need to take it out early and let the glass warm up before putting it into the oven. I've even made them a day ahead of time. You can also freeze them unbaked and defrost them in the fridge overnight.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I always make it in the morning before I leave for work and then let it sit in the fridge all day. The flavors mesh together and make it even better. I do agree w/ letting it sit out for awhile before baking - or you could even make two smaller ones to cut down on baking time.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 8:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You can also make two smaller ones and put it into a crock pot on high for 4 hrs or low for 8. I usually do this so it'll cook while I'm at work (if DH waits until I get home at night to throw it into the oven we wouldn't be able to eat until 9 pm)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009