the pain of wood paneling

I just bought my home 8 months ago, and in the family room there is wood paneling from top to bottom. should i just take it all down, or paint over it?

need2rest71

Asked by need2rest71 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Check out this link. We have wood paneling in our livingroom in the house we are in and this is what were doing.
    http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/interiors/paneling/conceal.htm

Answer by gemgem at 1:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• thanks for the link!
    need2rest71

Answer by need2rest71 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• OMG! I wish you could send it to me!!! I just can't grasp the concept of not loving wood paneling. I HATE this house I'm stuck in because it has NO paneling and NO wood floors. To me, that causes pain. sigh.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• roachies mom please tell me your joking- you want wood paneling on your walls? I'm not talking about the contemporary paneling I'm talking the 1970's faux wood paneling. I'm okay with wood floors, the house I bought had carpeting throughout even in the kitchen!! but wood paneling on the walls no way!
    need2rest71

Answer by need2rest71 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes, I love 70's style faux-wood paneling. It's what I grew up with. I love the look of wood on the walls, and always loved finding designs in the swirls of the "grain." I don't understand people who have wood-grain cabinets in kitchens and paint them, either. It's okay, I'm way used to being in a serious minority on this sort of stuff.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009