• In the Spotlight:

What are Rice "Rusks" (baby mum mum's)

My fiance has come home with these...as a treat, and our son is 7 months old..I'm wondering if these are safe for him, they say that they disolve easy and they look kinda like thin cookies..any of you mommy's out there know if he'd be ok eating these alrd? I'm not too sure what age to introduce finger foods, all he still eats are first stage baby foods..he's never had anything chunky!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did not like them when I gave them to my son. They break very easily. I actually make his teething biscuits and he loves them. I have a recipe that doesn't crumble.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 3:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes the melt away fast, perfect for his age .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I bought my daughter (7 months) a variety of finger foods, and I did not like the Rice Rusks. They break easily. I like the Gerber Graduates Finger Foods (the "Biter Biscuts" and "Apple Wagon Wheels".)

7 months is a great time to start these things, and it helps a lot with teething! (And if baby is doing fine on stage one and has been for a while, I would try stage 3....(Stage 2 is not much different than stage 1, just more flavors and more mixed things)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I just gave him one...he's gagging on the pieces that he bites off..he try's to chew them..but it's like he's chocking, then some of his apple juice comes up too when he clear's his throat..does that always kinda happen at first???
    Anonymous