540 plan for son w/ADHD

I am going to meet with my sons teacher and a few others about implimenting a new 504 plan for my son, it seems as though his teacher is having a hard time following a very basic one that has already been issued. She seems to think she should remind EVERYONE and not just him. Anyway with that being said is there anything that I should do before I go, I need to be prepared for, I should address etc that you can think of that might be of importance, maybe something to give me more knowledge about this situation?

determind

Asked by determind at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Can I ask why you're looking at a 504 plan vs. an IEP?
    Anonymous

• because my doctor recommended using the 504 plan

determind

Answer by determind at 2:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would want to know what accommodations are needed for him to be successful. What are his issues? The 504 plan should be designed to address any problems he has that prevent him from being successful that are caused by his ADHD. Decide what issues can be improved with accommodations. If he needs "specialized instruction" to be successful, you might want to ask about an IEP.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 2:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009