Having sterilization done in March. It is what me and my husband want--we have 3 kids--but I can't help but feel a little sad about this and I really don't know what, if anything, to do about it! Any advice ladies?

Avasmom223

Asked by Avasmom223 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• What like getting him or you fixd? cause im all about that... My hubby is doing it in March, we have two kids and im just not looking for a third... Plus condoms suck!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• IT DEPENDS ON YOUR AGE, LIFE HAS A FUNNY WAY OF GOING FULL CIRCLE SOMETIMES, AND THE FINALITY OF THIS ACTION MIGHT SOMEDAY COME BACK AND BITE!!!

Answer by older at 1:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You sound a little unsure about having a tubal ligation (sterilization just sounds so harsh!), why not try Merena or the depo shot, and see how you feel in a few years. If you have changed your mind and want more it would be easier to try again than having to go through reversal surgery.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I personally would NOT do it. I did it almost 7 yrs ago in Feb. and I regret it to this day!!!!!! My periods are messed up and have been. I have gone 6 months without a period at one time. No I was not pregnant either. No one knows what's wrong with me. But I know this is not my body. Don't do it if your unsure of it.
    cmadd

Answer by cmadd at 2:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My hubby should be getting this done by the end of this month... We have 3 young children and I have a stepson-so there are 4 total when they are all here! They out number us 2:1 when all here!! AHHH!!! I love my children, but I am at peace w/this... Yes, a little sad but I know that if we decide to have more children later on in life-we will look at adoption! Our children's age range from 8yrs. old(almost 9-my stepson), then 4yr. old daughter, almost 3yr. old son, and an 8mo. old daughter-we are done! I want to enjoy my time w/them more and more through out their growing stages and be able to be there for each of them when we need one on one time and what not..... Yes, I'm a bit sad, but I prayed and asked for God's peace-and I believe I got that, when one door closes another always opens!!!
    Anonymous

• Your hubby is a doll for doing this, most men are too selfish. I agree with the other poster that suggested that it was the "finality' of it. From your last posting it seems that you do indeed have a full and wonderful life. Enjoy your family and know you are abundantly blessed!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thank you all for your responses! It really has helped!
    Avasmom223

Answer by Avasmom223 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2009