Secret Shopper as a real job

Hello Mom's,
I love to shop for my kiddo so thought I'd ask if anyone might have insight of any real no scam secret shopper businesses to work for? Thank you!

addysmom2006

Asked by addysmom2006 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• The thing about them is that they basically aren't worth the effort you put into it. You wind up losing money on gas and such. When I did mystery shopping along time ago.. I called around to various companies and they put me in touch with who I need to talk to. I did Macey's and Target. For the money, it was more of a hassle than anything else. I had to shop every dept. Get names, watch transactions, etc.. all while being anonymous.

The thing that is better for you right now is Merchandising. Have you tried any of that? It has a greater potential to make money and make your own schedule. Look at www.narms.com. Go to search jobs, get to your city and check out what is available. All the companies are legit. I have worked for some in the past. Let me know if you need any referrals.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• http://volition.com/mysteryUSA1.html

They also have a forum with a secret shopper board and you can get a lot of great info reading how everyone else does it to make money.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have to agree with pupmom. My husband and I did secret shopping through a legit company. While we didn't have to spend any of our own money, we did have to spend a lot of time and gas.

The secret shopper company would give us a HUGE checklist of things we had to watch for. Then when we were done with the "shopping", we had to turn in a lengthy report within 24 hours to get paid. If we were lucky and only spent about two hours on the whole project, we'd basically be making $5 an hour. Oh, and we had to visit these stores during certain times of the day and week. We couldn't really make up our own schedule.

I don't remember the name of the company off the top of my head, but if you'd like, I can see if my husband remembers. While we personally didn't enjoy it, it was a legitimate company and sent us on many assignments.

FLLmom

Answer by FLLmom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009