How bad is a c section?

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 1:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Put it this way, u r cut in half.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 2:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Anonymous

• I had a C section with my first and it was NOT fun! I wasn't able to have a normal birth and all the wonderful things that go along with it. I couldn't hold my baby for about a half an hour. I threw up uncontrollably while they tried to sew me shut. The room was cold and metal and my body was purple and I shaked uncontrollably. I couldn't get out of bed for almost 2 days and was catherized. I was on morphine for the pain and didn't recover for almost a month. My little sister also had a section and she developed an infection. they had to reopen her and vaccuum out her uterus and sew her back together. She was in the hospital for two weeks. Never again! I'm having a natural, homebirth VBAC this time around
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 2:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've had one natural birth and 2 sections, and I'd choose it over vaginal birth ANY DAY!
    I think the worst for me was the catheter . Healing wasn't too bad either really. I just used tylenol and was just fine, you just have to move a bit slower and take it easy. Make sure you have some help during recovery.
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 2:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I did okay but i HAD to have them... if you have to then you have to. Recovery is hard but you can make it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've had 3 c-sections and it wasn't bad at all. You just move around slower after than if you had a regular birth, but Ive had some friends who tore really bad after normal births and I could do laps around them so that's not always true! The first 24 hours you have no pain at all because the spinal is still in effect, after that I just took the meds they brought me and felt fine. The worst things is they wouldn't let me eat real food for almost 48 hours and I was starving, but I got broth and jello.
    kaliebugsmomma

Answer by kaliebugsmomma at 2:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ive had 3 csections and I been fine. Now 3rd csection I had contractions and had a panic attack then pass out. But iam sure you will be fine. I was awake during all mine. Just dont worry.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 2:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I"ve never had one, but my friend just has one a few weeks ago and she recovered in a matter of days. By the time I saw her ( a week later) she was all over the place, cleaning, making christmas cards, creating a blog, etc. I was surprised at how much energy she had, so I don't think they're that bad for all people.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• "Put it this way, u r cut in half. "

LOL... sorry but that's just silly... I mean yes, it is major abdominal surgery but no need to make it worse than it it. The first two for me were fine and one was after 38 hours of labor and an epi that didnt work
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I loved my c-section and I'm GLAD i'm having one instead of a vaginal. It's less traumatizing I think. It's quick. True you're down for a little longer, but it wasn't that big of a deal. They stood me up 12 hours after surgery and I was allowed up whenever I wanted after that. don't worry, everyone is different, but it's a controlled planned out procedure.
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 3:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009