What do you do if you ever had a throbbing tooth ache and you had to keep your toddler under control while in pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• Humm.. take tylenol-orajel and put on cartoons?? Anyone to help? I know it sucks, I have been stuck alone with my 4 mo old twins and SEVERE back pain.. SOOO NOT FUN.
    Hope you feel better!!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 2:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• call family/friends who can watch him while you go to the dentist,or take him w/you to the dentist.Either way-go.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ice pack helps sometimes. I find that just trying to ignore the pain and throwing myself into an activity with her helps sometimes too. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ambesol on the tooth and gums has worked for me when needed.......
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• girl my teeth are bad and i can usually tough it out. but when it gets to bad i take 2 bc powders and it'll ease on down in about 10 minutes. i know bc powder is nasty, but put drink in your mouth first then dump in the powder and swallow. you'll never taste it.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 3:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If you have someone nearby that can help while you deal with the tooth, then call. But go to the dentist, regardless.

When I was on a trip, I broke a tooth. The flight home, with the changing air pressures, caused immense pain (I'm talking worse than childbirth!) on the exposed nerve, and no tylenol, advil, motrin, etc could touch the pain. When I got in, I called the dentist immediately and got in the next morning. I was only able to fall asleep after taking a painkiller left from a surgery. I went in and he looked at it, told me he could get me in with the orthodontist to get it pulled that afternoon at 2. I told him, by 2 o'clock, I will have slit my wrist. That is how bad it hurt! He shot me up with Novocaine to last until I could get it pulled. Never was I so happy to go to the dentist!!!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009