ARE THERE CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE

If you belive there are contradictions why do you belive that and what do you belive they are.

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 4:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are not. The only time these supposed "contradictions" arise is when people do not note the ways Old Testament law was amended through Jesus' redemption, or when scripture is taken out of context.

For example, the Old Testament law says not to make or wear clothing of mixed fabric/thread. This was not a fashion statement. During the Israelites journey to the Promised Land, their clothes and other possessions needed to last as long as possible. Since different materials become worn at a different rate, having clothes of blended materials meant clothes could essentially wear out faster than they should. Much of the Old Testament law was given to protect and preserve God's people, and that is often what is taken out of context.
    Anonymous

• there are not sometimes someone will say because the different gospels say different things they are contradictions. but really they are just the different writters point of view. If I was an apostile and so were you. we traveled with Jesus and on this trip he met two blind men and healed them and cast demons out of someone. then he preached. well as A nurse I might write the trip down and really concentrate on the healing everything said ad done while you might think the healing was nice but the preaching was more important so you just say he healed and cast out demons the then write much more about the sermon. both of us are right even though we do not write exactly the same thing we are each telling the truth.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 4:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Who came first man or beast
    gen 2 18-19 and the lord said it isnt good that man should be alone I will make him a help meet for him and out of the the ground the lord god formed evey beast of the world and every fowl in the air and brought them to adam
    Gensis 1 25-26 and god made the beast of the earth after his kind cattle after thier kind and everything that creepeth upon the earth afetr his kind god saw that this was good and god said let us make man in our image
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• who is greater jesus or god
    john 10:30 i and the father are one
    john 14 28 you heard me say i am going away and i am coming back to you if you loved me you would be glad that i am going to the father for the father is greater than i
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 5:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Gen. 2 vs 18-19 is the account of Adam and Eve after the formation of the world.

18.The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." 19.Now the LORD God HAD formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 5:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• There are TONS!!!
    1.Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
    (a) God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
    (b) Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
    2.In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?
    (a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
    (b) One million, one hundred thousand (IChronicles 21:5)
    3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?
    (a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
    (b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
    4.God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?
    (a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
    (b) Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

And I can keep going!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• who bears guilt?
    gal 6 2 bear ye one anothers burdens and so fulfill the law of christ
    gal 6 5 for every man shall bear his own burdens

this actually makes me think of this why would god have innocent man ( "his own son") die for are sins when all he has to do is forgive our sin. God is forgiving loving and full of mercy he doesnt need to kill someone do to this
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 5:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Again Jesus never claimed to be greater than God, God is his Father also. Jesus is in God and God is in Him. Luke 4:8 NIV
    Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.' "
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• John 4: 23.Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    24.God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
    25.The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
    26.Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."

motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 5:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Because blood was spilled from Adams first children God required blood sacrifices at the temple to atone for sin. Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice to bridge the gap sin had created with Adam and his children.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 5:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008