• In the Spotlight:

Has Anyone...

Has anyone here ever cooked lamb? How did you cook it? Did you use a recipe or did you just come up with it on your own? Did it come out good?

I am just wondering, cause I have always wanted to cook lamb, but I have no idea how! lol

wintertyme

Asked by wintertyme at 2:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I LOVE lamb but usually just do chops...How big of a piece of meat are you talking about?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't know... lol I was just wondering different ways to cook it, to see if it was something I really wanted to take the time to cook it.

I guess probably about 8 oz. to 1 lb. I guess...I'm not really sure. sorry. lol
    wintertyme

Answer by wintertyme at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ok well I'd say get chops as they are the easiest to learn with. A rack of lamb can be a duanting task for even the most advanced cook. I like to grill my chops and you can do that outside or on a Foreman grill type thing. Give the chops a rinse and let tehm sit for a minute. Prepare a dry rub. I ussuall yuse some pwdered sage, rosemary, garlic powder a little onion powder and salt and pepper. Roll those chops thru the dry rub to make sure you get them nice and coated. Then throw them on the grill. I eat my lamb very rare so I only let my chops cook for a few minutes. You can make yours as rare or well done as you like and you can ussually judge how you'll like them by how you eat a good piece of steak.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Now there are other ways of doing them to where you can make a lolipop chop or you can inject them with whole garlic and other seasonings but give the grilled chops a try first...If you decide you like it and want to cook it again hit me up in a PM and we can go on the search for good recipes together.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We love lamb chops and marinated lamb for shish kebobs. We broil the lamb chops.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Lamb soup with nutmeg. Soooo good. We get it ground and then we roll it into tiny balls and make a broth, we add rice and spices (nutmeg and garlic to taste) and veggies at the very end (fresh ones) because i like the crunch they have.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 10:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009