chicken recepies

i'm always wanting to make new foods but never good ideas, but yesterday i took boneless skinless chicken breasts and stuffed them with motzarella and onion then wrapped them with bacon and my man loved it.
any other cool ideas i can do with chicken or any other meat if you know a good one.

Kristina.C

Asked by Kristina.C at 2:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Stuffed Chicken Breasts with A honey Mustard Glaze...
    Sounds so much harder than they are...Work with thin cut breasts for best results... Prepare a box of stove top stuffing according to the box and let cool a bit..WHile cooling prepare your glaze. I personally use local honey and grey poupon but you can use any honey and any mustard you like. Add curry or chili powder to give it a little bite and add garlic powder, onion powder and alt and pepper as you see fit. Pre heat your oven to 375... "Stuff" breasts and close with a toothpick. Line all your stuffed breasts in a casserole dish...Cover with half your glaze and bake until chicken is startign to appear cooked...Pour on the rest of your glaze and finish baking...I will occasionally pop the breasts under the broiler for amintue so the glaze gets gooey and thick on top...mmmmmm now I want them.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We make "beach chicken" (thats just what we call it lol). I marinade it in Italian dressing & onions for a few hours then grill it.
    I also enjoy making fish. You can get fish, put it on top of tinfoil with onions, garlic, salt & pepper and then loosely fold the tin foil over it. Bake it for about 15-20 minutes at 375. Its good and serve with lemon and tarter sauce.

Answer by gemgem at 2:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• chicken courdon bleu" get stuffed chickenbreast and stuff them with slices of ham and swiss cheese and cover with cream of celery or chicken soup. when almost done i also throw on slices of swiss on top
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• One of my favorite chicken dishes is spiedini. You take thin chicken breast paillards (either sliced or pounded), and wrap them around asiago cheese and prosciutto. You can do bite sized, and skewer them, or you can use chicken breast halves and then dredge them lightly in seasoned flour (s&p, sage, onion powder), and brown them in a bit of olive oil and butter. To make it even more delicious, you can then use the same pan to make a quick pan sauce by adding minced shallots, a bit more of the seasoned flour and butter to the pan, then whisk in some chicken stock, a little white wine if you have it, more sage (fresh is good for this part, but dry works too). Simmer until it thickens a little, then remove from the heat and whisk in a couple tbsp of cream. Serve with buttered pasta.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You can also wrap the chicken breasts around the cheese, and then wrap the prosciutto around the chicken. When you cook it, the prosciutto takes on a wonderful, rich mahogany color and flavor.

Another favorite for chicken is to take chicken breast halves and cut a pocket into them on one side. Stuff with a mixture of sundried tomatoes and goat cheese (season with a bit of oregano and basil and thyme, plus s&p), then use a toothpick to securely close. Dredge in seasoned flour and brown quickly in olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet and put in the oven to finish cooking. Yum!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• A tasty and quick marinade for chicken or beef: mix A1 steak sauce with Wishbone Italian dressing, about 2:1. It's best when grilling. Toss cubed chicken breast or steak, along with onions, cherry tomatoes, and whatever other veggies you like into a ziploc with the marinade and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Skewer & grill (or broil).
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• holy cow jespeach.....I gained 5 pounds reading your recipes!! YUM O!!!!! I think I'll try them all
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 8:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009