I need bowls that are microwavable safe. What kind should I get?

With all of the bad rap about plastic bowls now, I want some bowls that will be safe to use in the microwave, and is healthy to use. What kind should I get?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 2:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• I never use plastic bowls in the microwave. I always figured that was bad news. Its plastic and being heated LOL. I use ceramic bowls or glass bowls. You can buy them at Walmart or anywhere. Sometimes they have sales where they are about $1-$2 each. They last longer anyway and dont stain etc.

Answer by gemgem at 2:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I like the Corelle bowls and plates and use those all the time. They are by Corningware. I also bought vented plastic lid-like hard plastic covers to cover the plates or bowls while in the microwave- they contain any splatters but don't touch the food.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Pyrex bowls are a great investment because they can go anywhere...freezer, oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher. I have several that I've had for 15 years or so, and they're just as good now as they were when I purchased them.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was going to say to go with either Corelle or Pyrex both of which I have and am very, very happy with...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009