did anyone here about this?

Ok Im from washington state. the other day I was watching our local news and there was a young mother of the age 16 who gave birth and apparently drowned the baby in the toilet and put it in the trash. The girls father helped her both are in jail and she is being tried as an adult. BTW they found the infant a day later at a landfill. I swear I would beat her a@@. I dont understand how they think no one is going to find out or why do they do this. When I heard this I cried cuz I cant imagine doing something like this. I did have a child at 14 years and I gave her up for adoption and I would never cross my mind to kill her. That makes me mad I really hope she gets the death penalty or something.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 2:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its very common to happen. I dont know why. The only thing I can think is that they are so young, never get prenatal help, never have the love and support at home, etc so they never humanize the child. It is just an object to them. I hope the girl gets the help she obviously needs. The step dad or whoever helped her is just a monster because they should be old enough to KNOW better. It makes me wonder what kind of home this girl came from.

Answer by gemgem at 2:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• OH HOW SICK SOME PEOPLE CAN BE,,, YES I AM SCREAMING,,, OF ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WANT KIDS AND FOR SOMEONE TO DO THIS IT MAKES ME SICK. AND HER FATHER HELPED HER,,, HE IS JUST AS GUILTY. BUT WITH OUT JUSTICE SYSTEM THEY WILL PROBABLY NOT DO A DANG THING ABOUT IT SINCE SHE IS YOUNG, BUT THE DAD MIGHT GET SOME TIME. I HATE THESE STORIES WHEN I KNOW SO MANY WOMEN WHO CANNOT HAVE CHILDREN AND WOULD GIVE THEIR LEFT ARM FOR A BABY. PEACE BE WITH YOU SWEETIE, I KNOW YOU WOUD NEVER KILL A BABY, NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD.
    katandtysmom

Answer by katandtysmom at 2:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't understand how this could still be an option with all of the safe haven laws having been put into effect. It's heart breaking and enraging at the same time.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• An ex-coworker of mine had a husband that worked for the sanitation dept. This is gross, but she said finding a baby ( at any stage of fetal growth) in the sewers or the landfill, or at the recycling center was actually pretty common. Knowing other city workers at the water department, she said they often found fetuses or close to term babies on the filters occassionally when there was a clog.
    Anonymous

• what the heck is wrong with this country. there is this thing called birth control!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• This is absolutely awful. Where was her dad when she was out spreading her legs and having sex???? Or maybe he is the father of this child. Where is the girl's mother??? This is one reason I am so against young girls having sex and getting pregnant then they fall through the cracks. They think it is so cool until the time comes to give birth and care for a child. Apparently, they knew what they were doing so I guess the law will dish out the appropriate punishment. Safe haven, the police, the hospital, adoption, abortion are all choices. Not drowning.
    Anonymous