i am 16 and i am 8 weeks pregent any advice

need help

mom_two_be_2009

Asked by mom_two_be_2009 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Next time, use birth control...other than the obvious...be sure you stay in school and do whatever it takes to be strong and provide for your child.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well,question #1,are you keeping it?
    if you are,go to a doctor asap. once you start on pre-natal vitamins and start getting all the check ups,you'll feel safer and relieved.
    also,if you havent told your parents yet,tell them now. and make sure they dont make you feel bad,cause you have to be happy throughout your pregnancy.ok.
    Taty84

Answer by Taty84 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I was a 16yo mom the first time too. it's tough, but it will be OK.
    1. keep a good relationship with your own mom, if she's around for you to do so. Noone else in the world will be there for you (whether you like it or not) the way moma can. Some days you just need your moma. 2. trust yourself! women are given a set of instincts for a reason! if something someone (even the DR) tells you doesn't make sense and you've asked questions, do what feels best for yourself and your baby, so long as it won't harm anyone. 3. find a support group /play group or something that you can talk to other girls like you who are having the same drama (lack of better word)going on. 4. people are going to be not-so-nice to you, flat at rude even sometimes. don't let them see you get upset! Grown people are worse bullies than middle schoolers; they just know how to make it sound less cruel.

Good luck, sweetie. I hope any of this is helpful and that you are OK!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Stay in school, go to college or a trade school, so you can better youself, & if you don't go to church, please go, it'll do wonders. My daughter is 19 & expecting Sept.3rd., she is now trying to buy her first home, wich is a good thing, but she wishes she would have finished college first, but stuff happens. Good luck.
    swh22167

Answer by swh22167 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Keep close to your family and stay in school.
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My SD turned 18 last year. Despite being a jr in hs she decided to drop out, move in with bf and got pregnant. Now 19, not going to school, not working and back with her mom cause she couldn't get along with bf's parents. Her baby is 6 mo old and while all her friends have graduated, she is stuck at home with a baby and a lot of regrets. Whatever you do, stay in school and graduate. Take your baby with you. I know they have hs for pregnant teens and young moms. Tell your parents you need their support but know that the baby is YOUR responsibility. If it gives you any relief, I am a mom of 3, plus my 2 SD's. One of my kids is a special needs child w/ behavior problems. I work FT and am in college online. If I can do it with my situation, so can you. You can't redo what is already done, but you can move on and make good for you and your baby. Good luck and don't let anyone tell you that you can't succeed. You can do anything you put your mind to.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Ignore all the rude woman trying to put you down by saying you should have used birth control. babies are gods gift and anyone that has one regardless of age is so lucky!! Try to stay happy take good care of yourself and dont go to church if you dont want to!!! jeeze! lol im only 19 and pregnant, if you wanna chat you can always message me!! :) good luck !!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• frist thing, go get your prenatal care. this is the most important thing right now. be sure you let your parents know. and honey, head up. you're a mom now. so, mean or not, i'm gonna say it, grow up.
    you haven't said if or not you are goign to keep the baby but i can't impress on you the gravity of the decision you are about to face. please surround yourself with a great support system, whether its friends or family or cafemom moms. its a hard journey but omg, is it amazing.
    congratulations.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• First don't let anyone put you down. Make sure your parents know it may be hard to tell them but they love you. go to the dr and get a chk up and make sure to go often. trust your instincts and always remember no one will look out for your child you are your childs best advocate. good luck
    soni961

Answer by soni961 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008