What's your take on a roommate living with a family?

I don't see anything wrong with our mutual male friend moving in with us in the Spring time when our lease is up at this house. My friends have been giving me crap for it like I'm going to sleep with him or something.. ridiculous! Do any of you have roommates or have any thoughts on them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had male room mates often. I was a single mom and had male friends I didnt and would never sleep with. I always felt more comfortable with them there because people who might not know me or him might think we were an item and atleast knew there was a man there and I wasnt alone with the kids. At the moment my fil lives with me and dh and has for several years. I dont see a problem with room mates.

Answer by gemgem at 2:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My DHs best friend is living with us at the moment and it hasn't been a problem we have a semi-finished basement and that is his space and we have a you don't bother me and I don't bother you understanding so no I don't see a problem with it.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Just plain Roommates, NO. Unless we were having financial difficulties. I would let family live with us temporally, if it was a desperate situation for them

Answer by louise2 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've been the roommate living with a family (twice actually) and from that experience I doubt I would ever let someone live with us. If it's just because you or they need a little help financially and it's temporary... that's one thing. But on a somewhat permanent basis... I don't recommend it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• unless your like diggin' him and don't trust youself, you should be fine. i have had plenty of male roomates. expecally with my ex. his problem was not trusting his friends though. he would always think they were looking at me.
    everyones situation is different.... you should be ok though.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 2:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My brother used to live w/us and paid for a place to crash and his own bathroom area! He had the rule of the basement and then of course the fridge upstairs! He was more than welcomed to eat w/us and what not but he usually kept to himself! I see nothing wrong w/it! We just had a few rules, like if he came home way late-which I didn't care-after our children were in bed and they got woken up by it-he'd have to put them back to sleep!!! He was always so very quiet that I hardly ever heard him at times!!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009