Myspace meetings?

So I know myspace is a network to make friends, I guess I never thought of it as a dating site. Anyways my real question is any successful relationships ever develop? I just started talking to this guy and things are really going well, we are actually at the same point in life in every way which never happens to me. I just have my fam, old school buds and cafemommies on my page, but this dude started messaging me. So what do you ladies think, does myspace produce anything real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• i dunno. i mean personally i woulld be scared to meet someone off it but if u met him and had him bring a friend and you brought a girl friend it would be ok... my sister met her boyfriend off the internet and they have been together for 4 years and have a beautiful baby girl. just be careful!!!!! GOOD LUCK MAMA!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my bf and I met online and have been together almost a year now. It can happen. Just like anything else, though, be picky and treat the situation like any other guy you would consider dating. The most important thing to know is that online relationships develop WAY faster than other ones. You feel such a strong connection over the internet that you are tempted to rush things along quicker than you would in daily life. Just remember that part of it. If you can keep it all in perspective, it may work out for you just perfectly :) Good luck!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I can honestly say that myspace procudes something real! lol I met a wonderful guy on myspace, and we have gone out on several dates, and he spends time with me and my son(who is not his). He is a gentleman, I didn't think they still existed, but they do!

Just be careful who you talk to, because not everyone is who they say they are on there.
    wintertyme

Answer by wintertyme at 3:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yes myspace does! I met my husband on myspace. I was in a relationship, and so was he when we first started chatting...but he was moving down here to work. Well my relationship fell through and so did his and we started dating and where married a year later. We have been married now for 2 years.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I didn't meet my husband on myspace, but we did meet online through AOL. We've been married 6 years. Before him I dated several guys I met online. You just have to be careful. If you meet in person, do it in a public place or in a group setting... I know a lot of people think it's just creepy to date someone you met online because they could be crazy or all sorts of scary things, but the same can be said about just about anyone you meet any other way. I say go for it. Just be careful =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• be very careful. u can say u r anyone or anything on these sites and who would know the differece if u were not. dont gv out any personal info until u r able to check on his first. u need to floow what makes sense in a real way and not follow yr heart when u dont even know if who u r falling for is even real. stay safe and b careful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2010