Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What in the heck is this?

A box of craft stuff was donated to my work and I found this in it. Anyone know what it is? It's about 16 inches long kind of heavy. The brush hairs feel real.

Answer Question

Asked by UpSheRises at 12:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 31 (48,798 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • Just looks like a fancy paintbrush to me.

    Answer by FelipesMom at 12:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • abrush to remove dust paticles from the work piece, or to lightly dust a piece say with dold dust

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • I have no idea what kind of brush that is but, it is Too Cool Looking!


    Answer by daisyb at 12:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • some kind of stencil brush?

    Answer by dullscissors at 12:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • Yeah,I was thinking stencil brush too

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • But the brush part is really a duster kind of.

    Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • I think it's a woodworking duster. The are a few less ornate ones on Google images.

    Or, I could be completely wrong :D

    Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • Because it's such a fancy brush, my first guess was Sumi-e, but it's too big for that, so I'm thinking something special. Was someone possibly doing gold-leaf work? You use a brush to remove the excess gold leaf from the piece after application.

    Answer by SWasson at 12:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2011



    Some type of calligraphy brush maybe? The carving on the handle made me think of that...


    Answer by Charis76 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

  • OMG dvf says "stencil brush" is the WRONG ANSWER!

    Answer by Brawnwyn at 1:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.