Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess.....

Philip. 2:9-11

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

What do you think this means? Do you think that people will drop to their knees in awe and wonder? Similar to Revelation 1:17 in which St. John writes:

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last."

What do you think of these verses.... does it excite you? Scare you?

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both I guess...I'm very confused right now and not sure what I believe. I believe in God and what he has done for us...I just don't know what I believe when it comes to salvation. :(
    Anonymous

• i think its rather egotistical.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• i think its rather egotistical.

Answer by tnm786 a minute ago

This is the reason it excites me... people like you will have to acknowledge Him.

amazinggrace83

Comment by amazinggrace83 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• really? i will absolutely have to? ill no longer have free will?

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• i think its rather egotistical.

Answer by tnm786 a minute ago

Lol! Amen to that! :))
    LoViNmYbAbIeSs

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 12:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• This is the reason it excites me... people like you will have to acknowledge Him.--

really? smh...no wonder 'they' don't like us. that's rather smug of you..not at all what i would've said. you should be excited for yourself, op.
    still smh.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• I get excited reading and talking about the prophecies of Christ. The only scary thing to me is thinking about what will become of non believers :( We have so much work to do as Christians... prayer, serving and getting outside of our comfort zones to reach others.
    mrs.cta1217

Answer by mrs.cta1217 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• I feel excited...especiallly when I think about those ppl who feel they are untouchable (especially gangsters)
    Anonymous

• happy :))
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2011

• "Should" does not mean "will."

Neither excites nor scares me.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2011